FMSA Architecture has an existing opportunity for an experienced Architect to join our team.
Learn more about how to apply:
About FMSA Architecture:
FMSA Architecture shapes spaces for community that educate, inspire and offer hope.
Based in North Melbourne, Victoria on Wurundjeri Country, we collaborate with clients across Australia, with an emphasis on education, residential, civic, institutional and commercial sectors.
Approaching 50 years in practice, we understand architecture’s greatest strength is its capacity for humanity; elevating lived experience. By deeply considering the psychology behind each site, we design spaces that solve complex social and environmental problems, strengthen community bonds and encourage positive behaviours and thoughtful interactions.
We believe a building is never experienced in isolation. On arrival, visitors bring their own lived experience and any hopes and expectations for ease of use and belonging. Our designs first address the geographical, ecological and social influences of context.
To achieve superior outcomes for our clients, and to replicate and improve on these successes in future projects, we must maintain a commercially prudent approach.
We create architecture for people and place led by our values of Community, Creativity and Collaboration.
FMSA Architecture takes pride in fostering a culturally safe and diverse workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit based on skills and experience. We encourage applications from persons of all gender identifies, racial and cultural backgrounds, ages, neurodiversity, disability, sexual orientation, religions and sexual orientations.
FMSA Architecture is seeking an experienced BIM Manager to join our team. The BIM Manager is responsible for the development and ongoing implementation of the practice documentation and BIM standards. In this role, you are responsible for the development and management of the CAD template in ArchiCAD, and workflow procedures including providing support, assistance, support, training, mentoring and model reviews. This role is central to supporting the design team and contributes to the efficiency, consistency and quality of documentation produced by the practice team.
This is a full-time position based at our studio in North Melbourne. FMSA Architecture supports flexibility and will engage with the applicant to discuss flexible work opportunities.
- Develop and manage the ongoing implementation of Practice BIM and CAD templates, workflow and standards.
- Coordinate and manage ongoing development of common BIM platform environments for third party collaboration.
- Create and maintain CAD template files in ArchiCAD.
- Ensure consistency in project documentation.
- Coordinate and deliver in house staff training in ArchiCAD and BIM software’s.
- Share ArchiCAD tips and tricks with the studio, and take ownership for group learning and skill development.
- Provide regular guidance to the documentation team related to CAD and BIM production and file management.
- Perform audits of CAD and BIM project files for accuracy and coordination in line with QA protocols.
- Research of latest developments in new CAD/BIM applications, and advise on integration.
- Work across multiple projects at varying stages as required.
- Be open to system reviews, and incorporate learnings into future system management.
- Contribute to FMSA’s culture and organisational advancement of the practice.
- Advanced ArchiCAD skills and knowledge.
- 5 + years in architectural practices as a BIM Coordinator or Manager.
- Experience in establishing digital workflow processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of design, construction detailing and presentation.
- Highly motivated team player with a collaborative attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor and train others.
- Experience in medium to large scale projects.
- Understanding of current construction detailing, building performance and ESD standards.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001:2015 quality-controlled environment is preferred.
- Flexible working policy.
- Modern office environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
Applications to include a cover letter, CV and short portfolio in PDF format.
Applications to be lodged via Seek position advertisement here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/52593568