Department of Justice/Corrections Victoria
Through our role as Principal Consultant on several Department of Justice and Victoria Police projects, the FMSA’s project team has developed an in depth understanding of the key issues surrounding justice services and correctional facility planning and design.
FMSA has worked closely with the Victorian Department of Justice, Corrections Victoria and Victoria Police over the past 15 years to assist in the implementation of its strategic goals to reform the justice system. Projects include:
- Latrobe Valley Law Courts & Police Complex, Morwell $ 34 million
- Moorabbin Law Courts, Highett $ 28.2 million
- William Cooper Justice Centre Preoccupation Review (2012)
- Prison Accommodation Masterplan – 10 year strategic framework & assessment of the 13 public prisons campuses & facilities
- Victorian Public Prisons Expansion Options Review Report 2012
- Marngoneet Annexe $ 65 million – New 300 bed prison campus (current)
- Langi Kal Kal Prison Expansion & Additions (Phase 1 – 4) $ 21 million – 54 bed expansion, administration expansion ( including new visits centre & industries)
- Dhurringile Expansion & Additions $ 16 million (completed 2010) 54 bed expansion & a prisoner services building & training workshops
- Tarrengower Expansion & Additions $ 4.8 million – 18 bed expansion, redevelopment & additions to administration building, visitation areas, recreation area, medical and procession facilities.
- Barwon Prison Melaleuca Wing upgrade $ 6 million
- Langi Kal Kal Prison Portable Prisoner Accommodation – 25 container accommodation units
- Beechworth Correctional Centre Portable Prisoner Accommodation – 25 container accommodation units
- Bendigo Police Station $ 17.4 million
- Torquay Police Station $ 5.7 million
- Mt Hotham Police Station $ 2 million
- Benalla Police Station Masterplan (2014)
FMSA has worked in the Justice sector for over the past 15 years assisting in the implementation of its strategic goals to reform the justice system.