FMSA Architecture currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architectural Draftsperson to join our team on a full-time basis.
FMSA Architecture is an integrated design practice specialising in forward thinking architectural and interior design solutions. For over 45 years FMSA Architecture has designed built environments for people to thrive in. We provide quality ‘end to end’ services for projects with a focus on sectors including government, education, residential, aged care and commercial environments. Located in North Melbourne, we provide highly personalised services to our clients across Victoria and interstate with a commitment to high quality design, construction detailing and thorough project documentation.
FMSA Architecture is seeking an experienced draftsperson with a minimum of 5+ years industry experience to join our dynamic team of architects and interior designers. In this position you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality documentation across all phases of development. Working independently or teams, you will be required to liaise with the project architect and other members of the project team as required to ensure the documentation is well-coordinated and accurate.
This is a full-time position based at our studio in North Melbourne, close to public transport, the CBD and Queen Victoria Market precinct.
Apply via Seek https://www.seek.com.au/job/39494823
The role will require you to work with our project architects to convert concept designs to working drawings, so they can be issued for permit application, tender or construction. Coordinating architectural drawings, schedules and specifications with subconsultant documentation is a key task. You will be required to liaise with the project architect and other members of the project team as required to ensure the documentation is well-coordinated and accurate.
- Excellent Archicad skills
- Construction documentation and detailing knowledge
- Familiarity with current building standards, regulations and processes
- Minimum 5 years’ Victorian experience preferred
- Mix of residential / commercial experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capacity to work efficiently across multiple projects
- Organisational capability and ability to self-motivate
- High level written and verbal communication
Additional preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Additional project experience
- BIM, 3d rendering and visualisation
- MS Word / Excel / Project
Negotiable and commensurate with experience
Permanent full-time position following a 4 month paid probation period. Flexible terms can be negotiated for the right candidate.