FMSA Architecture currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architectural Draftsperson to join our team on a full-time basis.
FMSA Architecture is an integrated design practice specialising in forward thinking architectural and interior design solutions. For over 45 years FMSA Architecture has designed built environments for people to thrive in. We provide quality ‘end to end’ services for projects with a focus on sectors including government, education, residential, aged care and commercial environments. Located in North Melbourne, we provide highly personalised services to our clients across Victoria and interstate with a commitment to high quality design, construction detailing and thorough project documentation.
FMSA Architecture is seeking an experienced draftsperson with a minimum of 5+ years industry experience to join our dynamic team of architects and interior designers. In this position you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality documentation across all phases of development. Working independently or teams, you will be required to liaise with the project architect and other members of the project team as required to ensure the documentation is well-coordinated and accurate.
This is a full-time position based at our studio in North Melbourne, close to public transport, the CBD and Queen Victoria Market precinct.
The immediate role will see you working with an experienced team to deliver a large-scale project. However, there will long term opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and project scales. You will have the ability to:
- Document and deliver high-quality solutions to deadlines in an independent or team working environment.
- Deliver services in line with our ISO 9001:2008 accredited quality management system.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex project and construction issues efficiently.
- Work collaboratively in a diverse and passionate team of architects and interior designers.
- Work efficiently across multiple projects.
- Coordinating architectural drawings, schedules and specifications with sub-consultant documentation is a key task.
- Experienced draftsperson with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. (Victorian experience preferred)
- Excellent construction documentation and detailing skills (ArchiCAD preferred).
- Completion of recognised qualification.
- Proven experience delivering accurate detailed documentation in a high-volume work environment.
- Strong understanding of current Australian building standards, regulations and processes.
- Knowledge of current construction detailing, building performance and ESD standards.
- Highly motivated team player with a collaborative attitude.
- Diverse experience on projects in commercial, residential and institutional sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001:2008 quality controlled environment is preferred.
Additional preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- BIM, 3d rendering and visualisation software
- Excel / MS Word / MS Project
Negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Permanent full-time position following a 3-month paid probation period. Flexible terms can be negotiated for the right candidate.
How to apply.
Please apply via email to email@example.com including a covering letter, CV and portfolio (maximum 5mb). Please include ”Application – Draftsperson position” in the subject line.